(Revised April 2017)
EARCOS inspires adult and student learning through its leadership and service and fosters intercultural understanding, global citizenship, and exceptional educational practices within our learning community.
- All individuals have intrinsic worth; their dignity and value are enhanced when they are honored and nourished.
- Diverse and inclusive communities nurture the well-being and growth of individuals and organizations.
- Learning is continuous and essential for individual growth and the advancement of society.
- Individuals and communities have the need and capacity to learn and grow.
- Individuals and communities are responsible for helping, supporting and serving others.
- Individuals and communities are responsible for stewardship of the natural environment.
- Individuals and communities are responsible for the choices they make.
- Integrity, honesty and striving for excellence are essential to our purpose.
- All member schools use EARCOS as their primary resource for the professional development of their learning community.
- EARCOS activities positively impact intercultural understanding.
- EARCOS programs and services strive to strengthen international mindedness and endeavor to recognize the global citizenship of member educators and the students they serve.
- EARCOS will remains nimble and flexible to assure the professional development programs and services consistently meet the high standards of its membership and the ever-changing professional educational environment.
To support the EARCOS mission we will:
- Provide targeted and differentiated professional development opportunities for member communities.
- Engage adults and students in learning activities across the region that will promote friendship, understanding, and global citizenship.
- Develop collaborative educational partnerships within the region as well as worldwide to foster greater access to expertise.
- Connect schools, communities, and individuals through the use of technology to promote collaboration, communication, intercultural understanding, and access to broader educational opportunities.
- Conduct and communicate research and archive relevant data to identify and enhance exceptional educational practices.
In accomplishing its mission and vision, EARCOS will play a prominent leadership role throughout the global educational community.